Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
Competent and effective users of technology to enhance teaching and learning.
Provide learning experience that harness on ICT to develop self-directed and collaborative learners.
Nurturing pupils to be responsible and discerning ICT users.
Baseline ICT Skills for P1-P6
In alignment with MOE Baseline ICT standards requirements, students will learn to create, curate and connect information in digital networked environment. Students will acquire the following skills at the end of primary school education:
- Basic operations of computing device (mainly desktop / laptop).
- Keyboarding skills.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills (Words, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Corresponding through an online platform (e.g. email or discussion thread).
- Working collaboratively online and be familiar with Google suite apps.
- Plan and create text-based digital artefacts using online applications to communicate information or ideas (e.g. create journals using blogs, co-writing assignments using wikis and shared documents).
Code for Fun @ P6 (10 hours training by IMDA)
Students will learn computational thinking and making, and will be exposed to coding concepts. The programme is conducted as post PSLE activity for the graduating cohort.
ICT enabled learning experience in class
With a spread of computing devices available in school, students will get a chance to experience ICT enriched lessons during curriculum time for classroom activities.