Primary One Registration Exercise 2020
For more information regarding 2020 Primary One Registration Exercise, parents can refer to Ministry of Education website.
Please refer below for the infographics of the different Primary One Registration phases.
Balloting will be conducted if the number of registrants exceeds the school vacancies, which can happen in any phase from 2A (1) to 2C Supplementary. Computerized balloting will be conducted centrally by MOE. All registrants who are required to ballot are assured of an equal chance for admission into the school. Priority admission to a P1 place in a school will be given to children in this order:
- Singapore Citizens (SC) living within 1km of the school.
- SC living between 1km and 2km of the school.
- SC living outside 2km of the school.
- Permanent Residents (PRs) living within 1km of the school.
- PRs living between 1km and 2km of the school.
- PR living outside 2km of the school.
P1 Registration Frequently Asked Questions
1) When will my child need to buy new uniforms and textbooks?
Purchase of uniforms and textbook can be done online:
Textbook purchase Weblink: https://www.pacificbookstores.com/default.asp
Uniform purchase Weblink: https://www.asencio.com.sg/
The uniform vendor and bookshop vendor will also be available during P1 Orientation in November 2020. More information will be provided to you in the Orientation package that will be delivered to parents in October 2020.
2) I need bus services to the new school. How can I make the necessary arrangements?
Our school will provide the necessary information on school bus operators during the P1 Orientation. The school bus operator will also be available on that day so that parents are given sufficient time to make the transport arrangements with the school bus operators directly after the Orientation.
3) How does my child obtain the School Smart Card (SSC) if he or she takes public transport?
All P1 students will receive their School Smart Card (SSC) in April 2021. The SCS serves as a student identification card. Our school will arrange a photo-taking session in February 2021 for our P1 students. The photographs will then be provided to TransitLink to make their SSC.
The SSC can be used for the concessionary travel on public transport. Moreover, it also serves as a library card for borrowing books in the school library and branches of the National Library Board.
4) How do I apply for Student Care Services?
Student Care Services registration will be available after the completion of P1 registration, in September 2020. This registration period and information will be provided to parents via SMS or e-mail. Parents are required to fill up a form to indicate their interest. Parents will be informed about the outcome via SMS or e-mail in October 2020.
5) What are the monthly school fees and miscellaneous fees for my child?
The current monthly fees payable in 2020 are as follows:
|Monthly school fees||$0||$205||$465||$750|
|Monthly miscellaneous fees||$6.50||$6.50||$6.50||$6.50|
|Monthly second-tier miscellaneous fee (maximum)||$6.50||$6.50||$6.50||$6.50|
6) How do I apply for financial assistance?
Singapore Citizens in financial need can get assistance from MOE on school fees and other expenses
The criteria to be eligible for financial assistance are as follows:
- Students who are Singapore Citizens.
- Have a monthly gross household income of $2,750 or less, or a monthly per capita income of $690 or less.
Under MOE FAS, your child will receive:
- A full subsidy for school fees.
- A full subsidy of $6.50 per month for standard miscellaneous fees.
- Free textbooks and school attire.
- One of the following transport subsidies:
- Covers 60% of school bus fares per year if your child takes the school bus.
- $15 transport credit per month if your child takes public transport.
- A $2 per meal subsidy for school meals, applicable to 7 meals per school week.
Parents may download the MOE FAS application form or collect a copy at your child’s school. Submit the completed form with all relevant documents directly to the school.
If you have children in different government or government-aided schools, you can submit 1 application form to any of their schools. The school that receives the application form will inform you of the outcome.
7) Are there additional financial assistance can I get?
If you require further financial assistance beyond the MOE FAS, you can approach our school to find out more about their school-based financial assistance. Your request will be evaluated by the school on a case-by-case basis.
Students from low-income households can apply for a subsidized computer under the NEU PC Plus Programme administered by the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA). Under this programme, each eligible household may apply for 1 subsidized computer once every 3 years, regardless of the no. of school-going children or household members with permanent disabilities. Your child may apply for it in the MOE FAS application form.
8) Who can I contact if I have other questions on P1 registration?
If you have any questions on P1 registration, please email your questions to email@example.com .